You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-14 04:02:35

baryonic

it flies

Decided to try BL on a 12 year old laptop, it's now a daily driver for "around the house" when I don't feel like sitting at my workstation.

A strange HP model that was sold as an entertainment center laptop but is actually a highly upgradable tank with a not so cinematic, but still usable display. AMD Turion TL-62 x2, 4GB RAM. I know people are using BunsenLabs on much lower spec PCs, but with sufficient adblock this hardware is still highly usable even for browsing, and I'm not terribly patient when it comes to tolerating delays from my computers. I haven't even stuck an old SSD in it yet. I do devote 1GB to zram, seems to be a worthwhile tradeoff. Going to upgrade the (mini-PCIe!) wifi card and stick a bargain basement SSD in it when $$$ allows.

Great project, I've waited a long time for somebody to make Debian truly palatable out of the box for desktop use as somebody who's willing to tinker but doesn't want to be forced to do 20 hours of it just to have a desktop that isn't actively annoying. Thanks!

Last edited by baryonic (2021-10-14 04:03:46)

#2 2021-10-14 05:14:50

damo
....moderator....

Re: it flies

baryonic wrote:

Great project, I've waited a long time for somebody to make Debian truly palatable out of the box for desktop use as somebody who's willing to tinker but doesn't want to be forced to do 20 hours of it just to have a desktop that isn't actively annoying. Thanks!

Well said - Mission accomplished! Welcome to Bunsenlabs smile

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#3 2021-10-17 08:04:06

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: it flies

^What he said.

smile

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Board footer