You are not logged in.

#4026 2021-09-09 21:15:47

eight.bit.al
Member
From: Prison
Registered: 2015-10-01
Posts: 1,119

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

The official trailer for The Matrix 4 is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ix7TUGVYIo

8bit


Any book worth banning is worth reading. - Isaac Asimov

Offline

#4027 2021-09-10 01:34:31

glittersloth
buena piñata
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 1,393

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

^ Badass leather clad chick on top of a Duc 996 aside (honestly, it was just the 996 if I’m honest), the second and third films should never have existed. Now there’s a fourth? Did they sell the rights to Milksney or something?

Offline

#4028 2021-09-10 04:11:47

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,524
Website

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

They didn't bring Laurence Fishburne back, they replaced him with some younger guy. So the film is a Matrix within a Matrix, they even watch the original Matrix in one of the trailers...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-2Ms3FX0AY … name=large

What's that, liquid mirror down the throat scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_O3k-RpV2c

You're goddamn right it is.

Online

#4029 2021-09-10 04:36:39

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,524
Website

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

I'll watch it, but I'm more curious about Dune. Half a film, though, I hate that. Bakshi screwed me with only half of Lords of the Rings in '78, forever suspicious now. The first half is brilliant...

https://archive.org/details/o.senhor.do … dualricksz

Online

#4030 2021-09-11 23:31:14

twoion
一期一会
Registered: 2015-08-10
Posts: 3,399

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

What kind of fresh hell is this? Never knew this was a thing.

12fui.thumb.png

Offline

#4031 2021-09-12 08:30:01

nore
>2⁹
From: squirrels' nest
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 534

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

^Seems fair, if artist or label wants to get paid for the content. Remember, when we used to go to music shops to buy those black plastic pancakes?

Offline

#4032 2021-09-12 11:59:36

twoion
一期一会
Registered: 2015-08-10
Posts: 3,399

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

Yesterday I emptied a bucketcup of clear water all over my Cherry MX Board 1.0 mechanical keyboard. Nuff said, I immediately unplugged it, removed all keys, dried it using a hair dryer and just sun. Unfortunately, the keyboard does not work anymore so I guess it's garbage now (USB device not recognized by any OS). I'll give it a week of additional drying and if it doesn't work then it will get recycled.

BUT OF COURSE THAT GIVES ME THE EXCUSE TO ORDER A DUCKY ONE 2 for an obscene price. And so I did order a Ducky One 2 full-sized white backlit keyboard with cherry mx browns smile https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/in … ail&p=3731 Stay tuned for pics.

RIP

141cwg.thumb.jpg

Offline

#4033 2021-09-12 15:15:25

glittersloth
buena piñata
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 1,393

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

^ My condolences. Would suggest the old "put it in a bag or rice" trick (assuming one has enough rice at home to cover a full size keyboard), but I guess a whole week of regular drying would probably give and equivalent result.

This is why you should only be using cap-able cups when working next to a computer. Can never be too careful. German space observatory could be distracted by a Bundesliga game and miss an asteroid, and the next thing you know it crashes into your garden, causing your open-top cup to tilt, ruining your day.

Moral of the story: Always cap, kids.

Last edited by glittersloth (2021-09-12 15:20:21)

Offline

#4034 2021-09-12 16:43:56

misko_2083
Member
Registered: 2016-05-24
Posts: 525

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

twoion wrote:

Yesterday I emptied a bucketcup of clear water all over my Cherry MX Board 1.0 mechanical keyboard. Nuff said, I immediately unplugged it, removed all keys, dried it using a hair dryer and just sun. Unfortunately, the keyboard does not work anymore so I guess it's garbage now (USB device not recognized by any OS). I'll give it a week of additional drying and if it doesn't work then it will get recycled.

BUT OF COURSE THAT GIVES ME THE EXCUSE TO ORDER A DUCKY ONE 2 for an obscene price. And so I did order a Ducky One 2 full-sized white backlit keyboard with cherry mx browns smile https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/in … ail&p=3731 Stay tuned for pics.

RIP

https://0x0.2ion.de/8jx4uycp/141cwg.thumb.jpg

My cheap Chinese one survived because it has holls in the back for drainage.
But the cable was of poor quality and I finaly had to replace it after it started to behave erratic.
It was going on/off like it had it's own temper.

What comes to memory is when my now brother in low first came to my parent's house.
The first thing he did was spilling a cup of orange juice all over my keyboard.
Had to disassemble it and wash every key. But it survived.
Those were keyboards, heavy and thick. These days they are built like plastic bottles.
Even the plastic bottles are now made thin. Probably to maximize the profit.
When I pour something I have to be careful not to bend them or I would spill.
I have to be gentle unlike with our walnuts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpTRYw77VhM

There was a film today Lethal Weapon 2 and that scene when the bomb explodes under the toilet.
And then it flies undamaged, out of the house and hits the car. big_smile
In reality most of it would be turned into dust and small fragments.


They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do!

Offline

#4035 2021-09-12 19:25:21

Sector11
Conky 1.9er Mod Squid
From: Upstairs
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 6,841

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

RIP keyboard!  I had one die of "caffeine and sugar overdose"!

New one looks nice but I'd have gone for the black one.
Is it heavy?

misko_2083 wrote:

{snip}

There was a film today Lethal Weapon 2 and that scene when the bomb explodes under the toilet.
And then it flies undamaged, out of the house and hits the car. big_smile
In reality most of it would be turned into dust and small fragments.

Yes but Hollywood makes better toilets than American Standard and better guns than Colt, Winchester et al and all with bullets the size of a .22 short so they can load a million into them.

And those Hollywood .22shorts pack the punch of a .50cal unless it's a flipped over coffee table, bar table, open car door or a household hollow core door held open to protect the hero then they pack the punch of a BB.  Amazing little bullets they are!

Of course that doesn't explain how the bad guys get the .22shorts/.50cal version that can drill through three walls of a log cabin until the good guy flips that coffee table.

Imagine Dirty Harry, "This is a Hollywood .22 Special!  The most powerful handgun in the world.  Did I only fire 999,999 or 1,000,0000?  So are ya feeling lucky punk!"

devil


The sun will never set if you keep walking towards it. - my son
Being positive doesn't understand physics.
_______________________________
Debian 10 Buster = SharpBang ♯!

Offline

#4036 2021-09-14 09:15:20

misko_2083
Member
Registered: 2016-05-24
Posts: 525

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

Sector11 wrote:

Yes but Hollywood makes better toilets than American Standard and better guns than Colt, Winchester et al and all with bullets the size of a .22 short so they can load a million into them.

And those Hollywood .22shorts pack the punch of a .50cal unless it's a flipped over coffee table, bar table, open car door or a household hollow core door held open to protect the hero then they pack the punch of a BB.  Amazing little bullets they are!

Of course that doesn't explain how the bad guys get the .22shorts/.50cal version that can drill through three walls of a log cabin until the good guy flips that coffee table.

Imagine Dirty Harry, "This is a Hollywood .22 Special!  The most powerful handgun in the world.  Did I only fire 999,999 or 1,000,0000?  So are ya feeling lucky punk!" devil

Hard wood on those coffee tables. big_smile
It's better to hide from sight of the shooter and kick the shit out of shooter if he misses/wastes ammo.
But beliving that the coffee table or even a car will bounce bullets is ridiculous.
People some of our knowledge is pseudo-knowledge, and some of it comes from Hollywood magick.
Ohnonot belived he is safe when he was watching the gun being pulled while some people were fighting on the street.
He looked for a coffee table - "Checked! "I'm safe now." big_smile

Hollywood and Bollywood often borrow from the fantasy and science fiction genres.
Action is more important for the targeted audience than the actual story-line.
They are made for teenagers.
The reasons are mostly financial $€.


They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do!

Offline

#4037 2021-09-14 13:11:31

Sector11
Conky 1.9er Mod Squid
From: Upstairs
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 6,841

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

Nicely said... but

Let me correct the ending for you...

misko_2083 wrote:

{snip}

The reasons are mostly financial $€.


The sun will never set if you keep walking towards it. - my son
Being positive doesn't understand physics.
_______________________________
Debian 10 Buster = SharpBang ♯!

Offline

#4038 2021-09-14 15:42:04

twoion
一期一会
Registered: 2015-08-10
Posts: 3,399

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

twoion wrote:

Yesterday I emptied a bucketcup of clear water all over my Cherry MX Board 1.0 mechanical keyboard. Nuff said, I immediately unplugged it, removed all keys, dried it using a hair dryer and just sun. Unfortunately, the keyboard does not work anymore so I guess it's garbage now (USB device not recognized by any OS). I'll give it a week of additional drying and if it doesn't work then it will get recycled.

BUT OF COURSE THAT GIVES ME THE EXCUSE TO ORDER A DUCKY ONE 2 for an obscene price. And so I did order a Ducky One 2 full-sized white backlit keyboard with cherry mx browns smile https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/in … ail&p=3731 Stay tuned for pics.

RIP

https://0x0.2ion.de/8jx4uycp/141cwg.thumb.jpg

Ergonomics restored!

4u6hrt.thumb.jpg

Offline

#4039 2021-09-14 16:59:41

misko_2083
Member
Registered: 2016-05-24
Posts: 525

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

Sector11 wrote:

Nicely said... but

Let me correct the ending for you...

misko_2083 wrote:

{snip}

The reasons are mostly financial $€.

You don't leave them any benefit of a doubt. wink

twoion wrote:
twoion wrote:

Yesterday I emptied a bucketcup of clear water all over my Cherry MX Board 1.0 mechanical keyboard. Nuff said, I immediately unplugged it, removed all keys, dried it using a hair dryer and just sun. Unfortunately, the keyboard does not work anymore so I guess it's garbage now (USB device not recognized by any OS). I'll give it a week of additional drying and if it doesn't work then it will get recycled.

BUT OF COURSE THAT GIVES ME THE EXCUSE TO ORDER A DUCKY ONE 2 for an obscene price. And so I did order a Ducky One 2 full-sized white backlit keyboard with cherry mx browns smile https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/in … ail&p=3731 Stay tuned for pics.

RIP

https://0x0.2ion.de/8jx4uycp/141cwg.thumb.jpg

Ergonomics restored!

https://0x0.2ion.de/5l6ef99c0/4u6hrt.thumb.jpg

The main question is: Is it water resistant? smile

Last edited by misko_2083 (2021-09-14 17:03:41)


They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do!

Offline

#4040 2021-09-14 17:32:22

twoion
一期一会
Registered: 2015-08-10
Posts: 3,399

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

misko_2083 wrote:

The main question is: Is it water resistant? smile

No. It specifically had a sticker that said: "Water can't be put into the keyboard" [sic] smile

Offline

#4041 2021-09-14 18:25:33

misko_2083
Member
Registered: 2016-05-24
Posts: 525

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

twoion wrote:
misko_2083 wrote:

The main question is: Is it water resistant? smile

No. It specifically had a sticker that said: "Water can't be put into the keyboard" [sic] smile

Well at least it looks pretty.
Mine is ugly and has a warning label that says:
To reduce the risk of serious injury, see label on the back of this keyboard.
big_smile


They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do!

Offline

#4042 2021-09-14 19:09:17

dottomato
Member
Registered: 2021-09-02
Posts: 7
Website

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

Any God of War fans here?

New game God of war: Ragnarok trailer.


You gotta train like hell until the point where your hair falls out. That’s the only way to become truly strong.

Offline

#4043 2021-09-14 21:24:21

Sector11
Conky 1.9er Mod Squid
From: Upstairs
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 6,841

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

misko_2083 wrote:
twoion wrote:
misko_2083 wrote:

The main question is: Is it water resistant? smile

No. It specifically had a sticker that said: "Water can't be put into the keyboard" [sic] smile

Well at least it looks pretty.
Mine is ugly and has a warning label that says:
To reduce the risk of serious injury, see label on the back of this keyboard.
big_smile

Which says:

Do not turn keyboard upsidedown!


The sun will never set if you keep walking towards it. - my son
Being positive doesn't understand physics.
_______________________________
Debian 10 Buster = SharpBang ♯!

Offline

#4044 2021-09-14 22:22:04

misko_2083
Member
Registered: 2016-05-24
Posts: 525

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

Sector11 wrote:
misko_2083 wrote:
twoion wrote:

No. It specifically had a sticker that said: "Water can't be put into the keyboard" [sic] smile

Well at least it looks pretty.
Mine is ugly and has a warning label that says:
To reduce the risk of serious injury, see label on the back of this keyboard.
big_smile

Which says:

Do not turn keyboard upsidedown!

Nope. This is Yu keyboard not English.
Yugoslavs, or Southern Slavs if you prefer, would never look behind the keyboard unless it says:
"Do not even dare to look at the secret label on the back of this keyboard!"
That would work every time. big_smile

Did you know that Linux users have two ways to flip the pancake?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJtz8h1VjZ0


They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do!

Offline

#4045 2021-09-15 15:32:36

Sector11
Conky 1.9er Mod Squid
From: Upstairs
Registered: 2015-08-20
Posts: 6,841

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

misko_2083 wrote:

Nope. This is Yu keyboard not English.
Yugoslavs, or Southern Slavs if you prefer, would never look behind the keyboard unless it says:
"Do not even dare to look at the secret label on the back of this keyboard!"
That would work every time. big_smile

lol lol lol lol lol

misko_2083 wrote:

Did you know that Linux users have two ways to flip the pancake?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJtz8h1VjZ0

Ahhhh yes, the normal way and the 'dog food¹' way!  smile

¹ I'm not quite a "master chef yet" way


The sun will never set if you keep walking towards it. - my son
Being positive doesn't understand physics.
_______________________________
Debian 10 Buster = SharpBang ♯!

Offline

#4046 2021-09-16 14:28:38

misko_2083
Member
Registered: 2016-05-24
Posts: 525

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

Sector11 wrote:
misko_2083 wrote:

Did you know that Linux users have two ways to flip the pancake?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJtz8h1VjZ0

Ahhhh yes, the normal way and the 'dog food¹' way!  smile

¹ I'm not quite a "master chef yet" way

Two set of skills.
Fork or sticks, what's normal is the question of previously learned skills.
Both options give the same result.
When you have no tool to turn the pancake over you can flip it with the pan.
If you are doing it outside and it's windy it can be more natural to use the tool than to play frisbee with the very hot pancake. big_smile


They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do!

Offline

#4047 2021-09-22 07:26:45

misko_2083
Member
Registered: 2016-05-24
Posts: 525

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

Can you decipher this?
https://ibb.co/wcgLVtK


They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do!

Offline

#4048 2021-09-22 09:35:45

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 12,524
Website

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

^ WTF is with the Spanish "de" everywhere? Get your shit together, Asia. Shi ba mie my ass.

Online

#4049 2021-09-22 10:13:57

glittersloth
buena piñata
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 1,393

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

This is where I'd normally do the obligatory linking to engrish.com but since that site's had a cert issue for who knows how long, here's the next best thing courtesy of Reddit; https://r.nf/r/engrish/

Offline

#4050 2021-09-22 10:56:32

phuturism
Member
From: Melbourne
Registered: 2016-07-15
Posts: 187

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

De planes, de planes

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB