You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-18 23:04:21

eight.bit.al

National leadership done right.

National leadership done right.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54519628

It's a big victory for a party that has been carried through by the star power of its leader. Ms Ardern has led New Zealand through a terrorist attack, a natural disaster and a global pandemic - and has done so focusing on kindness and compassion.

8bit

If art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time.

#2 2020-10-18 23:27:42

damo
....moderator....

Re: National leadership done right.

Nicely said.

And she has the best smile amongst international leaders!

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#3 2020-10-19 05:47:25

Dobbie03
Resident Metalhead
Website

Jacinda and the Labour Party crushed the opposition.  Crushed.  Labour can now govern alone.

I personally didn't vote for her as a lot of what Labour are doing I don't agree with but I respect and am thankful for what the Labour party did for NZ during the pandemic so far.

I'm not going to go too deep in to it but I don't fully trust Jacinda but that can be said about politicians in general.

One of the ArchLabs dudes
Obssesive Metalhead and practiced beer drinker
\m/
Dobbie's Suckless

#4 2020-10-19 06:08:33

cog
Developer
Website

^ I have no understanding whatsoever about her but glad if she takes good care of the Kiwis.

I must say I was so surprised she is so young.  Very interesting.

The worst day of fishing is better than the best day at work.

#5 2020-10-19 06:23:01

Martin
Website

BBC also ran a story about the fact that Maoris and Polynesians are largely neglected in the caring for the population thing. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-54444643

Better than you know who by far but still room for improvement.

/Martin

Last edited by Martin (2020-10-20 06:07:54)

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth by hitting back."
Piet Hein

#6 2020-10-19 15:48:39

brontosaurusrex
Middle Office
Website

Dobbie03 wrote:

I respect and am thankful for what the Labour party did for NZ during the pandemic so far.

From what I understand a quarantine for people from certain places, on arrival (and it's low populated island basically), what else?

#7 2020-10-20 05:26:30

phuturism

I'm getting this secondhand, because I'm not in NZ, but have a strong interest there as have travelled and being an Australian neighbour we often look "across the ditch" to compare.   

Strict lockdown when any cases were found.   Very good track and trace.   Probably the most important, clear unambiguous messaging from the PM and on down, so a concerted, direct national approach well supported by all levels of government, police, health services etc.

Sure it's easier in a smaller, isolated country like NZ but it's amazing how many of these things were not done well in other, supposedly more sophisticated countries.   On Ardern, yes there is an element of romanticism and many of her promises in the first term didn't happen - but in this area she's done fantastically well.

In Australia now it's mostly under control - the highs of 750 cases per day in Melbourne two months ago are now down to 1 or 2 per day.  Lockdown/social distancing/masking works, if you do it right.   Of course it's getting incredibly unpopular and a lot of businesses are gone and won't be back - that's the fallout.

L I N U X  -  M O T O R B I K E S  -  B O O K S  -  T R A V E L  -  A S I A

#8 2020-10-20 06:09:51

ohnonot
...again
Website

I think it is important to point out that national leadership can be done right, even in this time of crisis.

I think one should not mistake that for meaning "they (Arderns party) have done everything right".

And of course there are many other countries/leaderships this applies to; this one is worth pointing out because the recent election proves that people approve, even in a time of crisis.
If there were elections in my country right now, I'd also vote for the current government, partly because I approve of how they dealt with this so far.

Search youtube without a brwoser: repo | thread
BL quote proposals to this thread please.
my repos / my repos

#9 2020-10-20 10:00:29

Martin
Website

Good points.

/Martin

"Problems worthy of attack
prove their worth by hitting back."
Piet Hein

Board footer