You are not logged in.

#326 2020-07-10 09:04:05

misko_2083

Re: covid-19 virus

Sector11 wrote:

OUCH!

COVID-19 has turned into a political weapon.

It came to a point where the people are sacrificed for the elections.
Now BIA (the feds, CIA) and the huligans under gov paycheck provoking the incidents on the peaceful protests so that the police can be misused.
In the meantime the scaner doesn't work for a couple of days  in the public hospital so the people with pneumonia and people with the simptoms of Corona virus don't have a clear picture about their illness.

Last edited by misko_2083 (2020-07-10 09:06:24)

Што ни оштровиди ум сагледати не може - љубав превазилази.

#327 2020-07-10 11:03:29

ohnonot
...again
Website

twoion wrote:

Because people in Europe start getting the mistaken impression taht Covid-19 is somehow over and become careless: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clscC120ZQM .

Thanks for sharing that!
I agree about many people in Europe getting that mistaken impression.
Around here, hardly anybody wears masks anymore. I mean, walking through the forest I don't wear one either although there's people around (no vacation abroad (*) this summer), but in the shop, in public transport...
The worst thing: I tend to forget to put it on it myself before entering a shop. I blame them.

eight.bit.al wrote:

Here in Murica, the right has turned the mask into a culture war, where it's about which side one is on instead of the evidence. Sad.

...or instead of the disease itself. Very sad.
I guess some "left" is also doing that, using that (although they do have the facts on their side).
It's always sad how much potus elections (and the politicking leading up top them) resemble a boxing match (or a daytime tv divorce show) rather than actual democratic discourse.

hhh wrote:

I always say "You can't argue with facts. Well, you can but you'll lose." I hope I'm right about that come this November.

Here's me hoping with you!

misko_2083 wrote:

Absolutely horrible to watch. The casual kicks of riot police just passing by. I'm going to hate the sound of serbian police sirens for the rest of my life.

BL quote proposals to this thread please.
how to ask smart questions | my repos / my repos | my blog
---
Thank you for posting direct image links!

#328 2020-07-10 15:15:05

vasa1

hhh wrote:

Make no mistake, it's an economic issue, of which the politics is a direct result. You should risk yourself and your loved ones to possible death to keep the corporate coffers full. If there's a silver lining in all this, besides the environment finally catching a breath, it's that late-stage capitalism is being exposed for what it is, finally. A sham.

I don't know about this ^^^.

In India, daily wage earners are having difficulty staying alive. AFAICT, it's the rich who want to be "absolutely safe" by enforcing a lockdown.

Using the Openbox (3.5.2) session of Lubuntu 14.04 LTS but very interested in BL :)

#329 2020-07-10 15:46:31

eight.bit.al

^ The rich can only stay home of the low wage worker brings them groceries. And workers in meat packing plants stand side by side. Corporations want the expendable to go back to work while the better off can work from home. And the investor class can courier their dividend checks to the bank.

8bit

Computers don't grow, they accumulate.

#330 2020-07-11 07:26:55

misko_2083

ohnonot wrote:
misko_2083 wrote:

Absolutely horrible to watch. The casual kicks of riot police just passing by. I'm going to hate the sound of serbian police sirens for the rest of my life.

It's just one video, I've seen several.
If they weren't posted on the internet we would never know.
There is a media blackout, and most of them are saying that the police acts in "self-defence".
The president was a Minister of Information for two years during the Milošević's time.
He's got skills to manipulate the public.

#331 2020-07-11 09:29:46

ohnonot
...again
Website

^ Hail to the internet then.

^ Sounds like a Serbian Putin.

---

#332 2020-07-11 10:01:55

misko_2083

ohnonot wrote:

^ Hail to the internet then.

^ Sounds like a Serbian Putin.

Putin is a gentleman compared to this one.

#333 2020-07-11 21:43:38

hhh
Meep!
Website

vasa1 wrote:
hhh wrote:

Make no mistake, it's an economic issue, of which the politics is a direct result. You should risk yourself and your loved ones to possible death to keep the corporate coffers full. If there's a silver lining in all this, besides the environment finally catching a breath, it's that late-stage capitalism is being exposed for what it is, finally. A sham.

I don't know about this ^^^.

In India, daily wage earners are having difficulty staying alive. AFAICT, it's the rich who want to be "absolutely safe" by enforcing a lockdown.

I was specifically speaking about the US, where every system is for-profit (health, pharmaceutical, military, police, prisons and bail bonds, most of education, most of infrastructure, power grid, etc, etc, etc...) Even bailouts favor corporations over small businesses.

Also, our President has only two platforms to run on. Pro-(white) Nationalism, AKA racism, and the economy which is tanking due to Covid-19 and Trump's Chinese trade war. Look at this Official Government graph...

https://www.bea.gov/news/glance

My comments are as an observer. I'm not a sociologist, political strategist nor an economist.

#334 2020-07-22 10:29:45

ohnonot
...again
Website

I heard on the radio the other day:

A: This is not the big one. With 7 billion people and so much travel around the globe, we were lucky we caught a relatively mild global pandemic.
B: So, would you say we are prepared for the Big One?
A: We weren't prepared for this one...

Some doctor said that.
A little pessimistic, but also good & sobering food for thought.

---

#335 2020-07-22 12:50:25

eight.bit.al

What Countries Require Pet Quarantine?

https://www.travelnuity.com/what-countr … uarantine/

Is the same needed for humans? It's interesting that the list is mostly islands, which have had to deal with invasive species/diseases.

8bit

Last edited by eight.bit.al (2020-07-22 13:09:39)

#336 2020-08-08 08:57:22

twoion
ほやほや

Ah, Germany finally is at more than 1000 new confirmed infections per day again! It went like it must, what do you expect with idiots travelling cross-country in droves and then some. Can't cure the stupid in people.

At least we have a classic song for this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad8ukI7Z-b8 it's called perfekte Welle, i.e. perfect wave (which is incoming), symbolic content in music video matches to boot.

Per aspera ad astra.

#337 2020-08-08 11:16:25

eight.bit.al

pZDz8NY.th.png
mask_usa.th.png

8bit

#338 2020-08-08 22:09:32

hhh
Meep!
Website

^ What, Americans are ignoring scientific recommendations while listening to Trump and Twitter and Facebook?

*clutches pearls* I am shocked! Shocked, I say!

A coworker just told me that he thinks as soon as Trump gets re-elected, news stories of Covid-19 will disappear from mainstream media.

I wish I could say he was wrong. I haven't heard anything about migrant caravans from South and Central America in months. The whole pandemic stinks somehow. Hong Kong, Lebanon literally exploding (WTF!), Singapore (!), India, Brazil. Russia, China, North Korea, Turkey (!). Philippines, not looking good... there's some shit going down somewhere.

#339 2020-08-09 00:28:07

Sector11
Conky 1.9er Mod Squid

NOT wearing a mask "anywhere in the world today" is just plain old fashioned:

S T U P I D !!!!

The sun will never set if you keep walking towards it. - my son
Being positive doesn't understand physics.

#340 2020-08-09 01:26:57

hhh
Meep!
Website

Yeah, but it really let's you know how bad your breath stinks. ugh

#341 2020-08-09 09:20:42

twoion
ほやほや

hhh wrote:

^ What, Americans are ignoring scientific recommendations while listening to Trump and Twitter and Facebook?

*clutches pearls* I am shocked! Shocked, I say!

A coworker just told me that he thinks as soon as Trump gets re-elected, news stories of Covid-19 will disappear from mainstream media.

I wish I could say he was wrong. I haven't heard anything about migrant caravans from South and Central America in months. The whole pandemic stinks somehow. Hong Kong, Lebanon literally exploding (WTF!), Singapore (!), India, Brazil. Russia, China, North Korea, Turkey (!). Philippines, not looking good... there's some shit going down somewhere.

Meanwhile: New Zealand marks 100 days free of coronavirus

Per aspera ad astra.

#342 2020-08-09 14:59:56

hhh
Meep!
Website

*gloats in Dobbie*

Meanwhile: Australia had things under control, not anymore...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/02/australi … index.html

Here's a ballsy statement for a politician...

Andrews wrote:

Where you slept last night is where you'll need to stay for the next six weeks

Ballsy: slang for having large testicles.

#343 2020-08-10 07:33:43

ohnonot
...again
Website

hhh wrote:

I haven't heard anything about migrant caravans from South and Central America in months. The whole pandemic stinks somehow. Hong Kong, Lebanon literally exploding (WTF!), Singapore (!), India, Brazil. Russia, China, North Korea, Turkey (!). Philippines, not looking good... there's some shit going down somewhere.

Not to speak of the upcoming elections. Poor folks over there, the pandemic has been made a politicum in the worst possible way.
Once again I recommend taking advantage of this thing called the World Wide Web and listening to international news.
While Covid19 is definitely still very present, other things get through as well... How about this podcast (my favourite way of getting the news).

I believe New Zealand have the geographical advantage, as well as being used to keeping strangers out (it's legendarily difficult to move permanently to NZ, at least when you're not a refugee).
I say that without negativity, good for them, no Corona virus.
But as the article ends: it's no time for complacency for anyone (until a vaccine is found & made).
Australia probably also thought being an Island has its advantages, but see now where complacency got them....

---

Board footer