You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-15 19:21:05

Göran

Hello from Germany... back to BunsenLabs after years

Hi everyone, I'm not really a BunsenLabs newbie. Starting with #crunchbang years ago, then I made the switch to Bunsenlabs with a lot of fun.
In the past four years, however, I may have turned on my old machine only once or twice. There were more important things to do - racing bikes, family and so on ;-) ...

Unfortunately, I had an accident a few weeks ago and at the moment I am not able to do my favourite stuff as much as I would like.
But - like Brian said: Always look at the bright side of life ;-).
A few friends of mine have start making music again after more than 30 years and so I decided to set up a small music studio (and to play a crunchy guitar...lol).

The new computer will be delievered next week hopefully (and I think 32 GB of RAM will be more than enough, the old one won't do it anymore :-)) ...
during that time I've tested a few distros (a lot has happened in the Linux world the past few years - my old computer still had BunsenLabs with Jessie as the main OS...) ...

For the music production I decieded to install AV LInux with MX Linux as the base system. Yeah, I know ... nobody likes it ... but I like it very much with the modified XFCE DE, very snappy, fast and good organized.

Now I want to set up a system for daily use. And after a lot of thoughts and a few YouTube reviews (especially this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a51O9epmTX8), I decided to use BunsenLabs as my main system again. I hope I can handle all the changes in the Lithium Version. But heh: No risk no fun ... So: Happy weekend everyone.

Here two screenshots from my AVL MX Linux installation... I think I will set up my BL installation this way too.... so for now I am back in the openbox business :-)

AVL-aktuell-150521.png

AVL-aktuell-150521-rightclickmenu.png

#2 2021-05-15 19:56:36

eight.bit.al

Re: Hello from Germany... back to BunsenLabs after years

Welcome back smile

I run a stripped down MX LInux for my main machine, every day driver. Debian stability, with MX fresh packages. I've been testing several Arch distros to move to, like Archcraft.

Nice scrots.

8bit

Last edited by eight.bit.al (2021-05-15 20:11:19)

'Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland
in search of our better selves?'

#3 2021-05-15 22:40:26

damo
....moderator....

Welcome back Goran smile  Get well soon, but don't put Bunsenlabs back in the cupboard!

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#4 2021-05-16 14:02:24

Göran

Hey Damo,

thank you!

I always loved the beauty and the speed of CB and BL too. So I will see if this old love still works for me ;-)

Unfortunately I was not able to install BL last night, because my wifi card was not recognized during the installation process (tried it with two wlan adapter... live mode was ok).

So I played around a bit and found a very interesting workaround to install BL on top of MX Linux. I checked it in a VM, what should I say? Itś beautiful, it combines the best of two worlds - or better of one world, because both are Debian ;-) it is called BLaML#! and I think the guy who wrote this workaround is also around here.

So now I will see if I can get it done in a real installation.

Bildschirmfoto-zu-2021-05-16-15-03-31.png

Board footer