You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-04 11:34:49

rbh

It's a sad day for America

Trump is right, when he says it is a sad day for America.
When a sitting president lies, promotes hatred and tell people not to accept the voting result, that the voting count, should be aborted as he alreadey won.

It is realey, realey sad.

Still sadder we probabley will be, when the counts is ready.

Last edited by rbh (2020-11-04 11:35:25)

// Regards rbh

#2 2020-11-04 12:04:24

phuturism

Re: It's a sad day for America

Not over yet.  Biden will likely take Wisconsin, Nevada, Arizona.   Good chance Michigan, North Carolina, even PA and GA.   

But yeah, Trump is still Trump and will say and do Trump things.

L I N U X  -  M O T O R B I K E S  -  B O O K S  -  T R A V E L  -  A S I A

#3 2020-11-04 12:42:00

schwim
Website

I didn't vote because I understand the whole system is a farce but the silver lining to this is I will stop getting spam calls slandering one politician or another.

I welcome the oncoming silence.

Schw.im! A social site with an identity crisis.

#4 2020-11-04 19:41:44

rbh

phuturism wrote:

Not over yet.

No, "not over until every vote is counted."

Looks al lot brighter: 248/214. Looks like a change in the White House.

// Regards rbh

#5 2020-11-04 19:58:35

rbh

schwim wrote:

I didn't vote because I understand the whole system is a farce

Trump is not a farce, he is dangerous. He urge "proud Boys", to "stand back, stand readey". I get goosehide when thinking about it. It is like the development in Europe during the 30's.

But, the american voting system is no good. There is better ways. One is Approval Voting. Hopefully it will be adopted in 20-30 years...
I am member of Swedish Green party. We have used aproval voting many years when voting for lists.

but the silver lining to this is I will stop getting spam calls slandering one politician or another.

Do Biden volonteers have to slander Trump? Do they realy do that? I mean, a president that is lying many times a day, and when journalists ask about it, he declare the journalist being hostile, wrong and eventully ban him from the House. Is it slander when warning people for the consequences of Trumps undemocratic leadership?

In Sweden, we can register our phone-number not to be used by salesmen. No partyworkers are phoning me...

// Regards rbh

#6 2020-11-04 20:25:57

schwim
Website

rbh wrote:

In Sweden, we can register our phone-number not to be used by salesmen. No partyworkers are phoning me...

Our country gives all political content a "pass", they are legally allowed to hold your phone ransom for as long as and for as many times a day as they would like.

Today is my first day of absolute peace and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

#7 2020-11-04 20:58:13

damo
....moderator....

Political opinion is generally not a suitable subject on the forums, but we can leave the thread here while it stays calm, so please make sure things don't get heated wink

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#8 2020-11-04 21:57:00

Sector11
Conky 1.9er Mod Squid

Yea, I'll watch this with a "Moderator's Hat" as well.

Keep it calm and we can classify it a "Current Affairs" because that's what it is.

What happens in the US over the next 24/36 hours is going to have a ripple affect world wide.

With that in mind we all have a vested interest in these current affairs going on in the US.

The sun will never set if you keep walking towards it. - my son
Being positive doesn't understand physics.

#9 2020-11-04 22:43:56

brontosaurusrex
Middle Office
Website

So the winner needs at least 270 electoral points? At this point T. has 214 and 51 are left, so in best case that would be 265?

Last edited by brontosaurusrex (2020-11-04 22:44:24)

#10 2020-11-04 23:10:41

schwim
Website

damo wrote:

Political opinion is generally not a suitable subject on the forums, but we can leave the thread here while it stays calm, so please make sure things don't get heated wink

Since I, as stated could care less about the politics of it, you can count on me.  I'm just really thankful of the incoming radio silence.

The changes in neighborhood spoofing here helped a huge amount with the scam calls but of course didn't put a dent in the political calls.  I ended up using Google to screen all my calls that didn't originate from a contact.  That was the only way I was able to silence them.

Then I had to use the spam feature of the SMS app, which did do a good job of hiding the ads being shotgunned out to everyone.

#11 2020-11-04 23:12:58

eight.bit.al

^^ 270 of 538 electors.
B - 264     T - 214

trump-biden-votes.th.png

8bit

Last edited by eight.bit.al (2020-11-04 23:25:26)

If art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time.

#12 2020-11-05 00:08:52

glittersloth
...village idiot

Yay, Sevilla beat FC Krasnodar 3-2. Woohoo!!!

#13 2020-11-05 01:53:32

phuturism

glittersloth wrote:

Yay, Sevilla beat FC Krasnodar 3-2. Woohoo!!!

So Sevilla will get 6 Electoral College votes for that and has a clear path to the White House now

L I N U X  -  M O T O R B I K E S  -  B O O K S  -  T R A V E L  -  A S I A

#14 2020-11-05 04:07:08

hhh
Meep!
Website

The Senate didn't flip. Biden will win after a week of recounts, but the Senate didn't flip. The US will most likely not be leading world policy for the next four years, we will be kicking our lame internal policies down the road.

America needs a Bernie Sanders, it's next shot will be with AOC, she's a superstar.

America's had many sad days. Just in recent history... JFK, assassinated.  Nixon, resigned. Reagan, War On Drugs (massive failure to our country), Nicaragua, Afghanistan, trickle-down economics. Bush Jr, 9/11. Obama bails out Wall Street, continues war in the Middle East and doesn't shut down Guantanamo as promised.

Hell, the day Trump was elected was a sad day. This is a much better day ahead of us.

#15 2020-11-05 06:24:07

johnraff
nullglob
Website

It looks like a high probability of Biden winning now.
(Unless Trump gets back Arizona. yikes )
But as @hhh points out, with a hostile senate he'll find it hard to accomplish much.

But we in the rest of the world can just be thankful if the US rejoins the Paris accord and gives humanity a tiny hope of surviving longer than 30 years.

Last edited by johnraff (2020-11-05 06:51:27)

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#16 2020-11-05 08:34:23

damo
....moderator....

The world will breathe a little easier when there is a dog in the White House again. Is Trump the only POTUS without without a pet?

As Ricky Gervais said: "Try to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are."

#17 2020-11-05 21:24:44

trilobite

I see "Be Excellent to Each Other" in @damo's profile signature.  This is fact the solution to the world's troubles.

{Linux-using people I haven't met are friends yet to be made.}

#18 2020-11-05 22:12:09

damo
....moderator....

trilobite wrote:

I see "Be Excellent to Each Other" in @damo's profile signature.  This is fact the solution to the world's troubles.

It has been Forum Rule #1 since the #! days.

#19 2020-11-05 23:42:43

schwim
Website

And a fantastic rule to live by, especially in this online world.

#20 2020-11-06 03:47:06

hhh
Meep!
Website

Be excellent? It's from Hitchhiker's Guide or Bill and Ted or some other hippy-dippy bullshit. insert emoji here

Some senile old man and his gorgeous dog...

https://wjla.com/resources/media/768a39 … 2485461843

Damn, I really don't mince words. Thank you, New England. Reporting from Charleston, SC, proudly representing us early-eighties Boston Massholes.

#21 2020-11-06 04:51:27

hhh
Meep!
Website

damo wrote:

Is Trump the only POTUS without a pet?

Um... yes? Andrew Johnson fed the mice infesting The White House? That's thin, let's add Johnson to the no-pet list, so Trump and Johnson. Andrew Jackson was into cock-fighting and had a parrot who used curse words...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St … ntial_pets

BTW, Jackson was one of the biggest assholes to ever hold the Presidency, in spite of his attempt to purge government corruption. His VP, Calhoun from South Carolina, was way, way worse. Jackson did a lot of good, even though he was a slave owner til his death, he owned 150 slaves at that time, but Calhoun and his adulterous wife were fucking monsters.

#22 2020-11-06 05:43:15

glittersloth
...village idiot

trilobite wrote:

Hahahaha… how cute.
The only people who are perpetually excellent to each other are billionaires. Helps them remain billionaires, you see. Problem with that is their collective “excellence” impoverishes everyone else. Hard to be a nice peasant when everyone in the village is fighting for scraps.

Last edited by glittersloth (2020-11-06 19:06:10)

#23 2020-11-06 12:39:07

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno

johnraff wrote:

It looks like a high probability of Biden winning now.
(Unless Trump gets back Arizona. yikes )
But as @hhh points out, with a hostile senate he'll find it hard to accomplish much.

But we in the rest of the world can just be thankful if the US rejoins the Paris accord and gives humanity a tiny hope of surviving longer than 30 years.

The Senate won't be hostile to a president Biden - actually Harris; Biden will be gone by March due to dementia and quietly retire.

It's a myth that the US has a two party political system. Conservative Supreme Court justices and tax cuts are just the red meat Republicans toss to conservatives and libertarians to keep them on the reservation. Everything else is just quibbling about the fine print.

The Republican Senate will be on board with TPP, open borders, and the Paris Climate accord. Harris will get at least one Supreme Court noninee - Justice Breyer is in his 80's. Justice Thomas is also pushing 80 so Harris may get two.

You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

#24 2020-11-06 23:06:26

ohnonot
...again
Website

I was flabbergasted when I learned how difficult voting is in the US of NA, how many ways it can be influenced and used to one party's advantage over the other.
Now I'm flabbergasted to learn that vote counting is just as bad.
Trump has invented nothing new, but he has taken it to new, absurd lengths.
God, I hope to see this clown gone soon.
This is not Democrats vs. Republicans, this is not about politics, it's sanity vs. fried brains.

Search youtube without a brwoser: repo | thread
BL quote proposals to this thread please.
my repos / my repos

#25 2020-11-07 03:54:57

glittersloth
...village idiot

ohnonot wrote:

This is not Democrats vs. Republicans, this is not about politics, it's sanity vs. fried brains.

Sadly, whoever wins, the fried brains are here to stay. Drump has empowered the wackos full-time and they seem to have overrun the Republican party. People older than I, both American and Internationale, often say the current day Republican party isn't the same as the party of old (they usually use the term "Ronald Raegan's Republicans"). I have no idea how true that is - considering how young I was and how less privy people were to government dumbfuckery back then - but from where I sit today (albeit thousands of miles away), it does seem that the moderates within the Republicans have lost any semblance of a voice. They may as well add an extra O to GOP and start selling toxic vagina rocks. I hope I'm wrong, truly.

Edit:
It's not like the Democrats are much better. A lot of them are equally out of touch with reality on the ground and are too busy infighting to care about the public (like every politician in the world ever). Meh, if only Zaza Pachulia were American. He'd be an entertaining President at least.

Last edited by glittersloth (2020-11-07 04:03:42)

Board footer