You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-14 00:26:37

angryjenkins

Was lookign for a HTPC solutiopn,. found a daily driver.

Hey guys!

Found a great deal on a m93p Tiny and didn't know what to do with it. I had BL Lithium on a USB Stick so gave it a go.

Now it's my daily. My work-issued laptop has taken a backseat to develop on my $70 mini pc. It's only used to deploy to AWS since edit has all the SSH creds. All other dev is done on this machine.

Had to buy the wife a 4k firestick because I want to keep this machine. justy engaged the community to seek a solution on my Keychron keyboard and was not disappointed. I look forward to learning and contributing here.

#2 2020-05-14 02:49:25

DeepDayze

Re: Was lookign for a HTPC solutiopn,. found a daily driver.

Glad you like BL and it's a great distro. I'm running it on 3 machines including a new Ryzen 3 build running off an NVMe drive.

You can't go wrong with this community!

Real Men Use Linux

#3 2020-05-14 04:54:22

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Welcome to the lab @angryjenkins! smile

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#4 2020-05-15 18:00:39

angryjenkins

I should have stopped in here before begging for help in the 'Basic Help' forum. But alas, I'm here now with my problem solved and loving BL Lithium.

I've been creeping from more and more obscure/minilaist Linux distros since I first ventured from Windows 10 to Ubuntu a few years back. Ubuntu became Xubuntu, then Mint with various desktops, then OpenSUSE (TW xfce), with some alternatives and variations in between, including BL Lithium.

I never installed BL on hardware before, but got my hands on a m93p Tiny (stock cpu/+8GB RAM/+120BG Kingston ssd) and figured I'd throw the most minimal+enjoyable distro I could remember, which is of course BL. Upon browsing the forums I see there's a test version. I'm now using it in place of my gaming desktop for everyday tasks.

BL Lithium is booting quickly and loading flawlessly, just what I wanted it to do on this minimalist computer. I'm actually still using the default BL-Lithium theme, loving the colors. I intend to make this thing into a mini arcade of some sort with retroarch, stream 4K out of the display-port, and add some Bluetooth. I'll also tinker with wine and see if I can get project1999, diablo 3, and/or guild wars 2 working on it - all old games but a stretch. I'll most likely be bugging the appropriate forums for info shorty. Any and all is appreciated.

Looking forward to the official Lithium release.

Last edited by angryjenkins (2020-05-15 18:03:00)

#5 2020-05-15 23:14:35

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Hi AJ, merging this^ with your other Introductions thread...

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

Board footer