You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-16 16:59:16

DarkiJah
Banned

Looking for FluxBB CrunchBang Theme and setup - second draft ;)

Hello all #!'s

As my post was deleted by mistake... I will endeavor into making it a new. Although somewhat shorter. *Well, at least it will be somewhat different*
I am at this very moment making a website because I'm kinda getting tired of being Censored everywhere and losing my hard work and time - and at least I will have a somewhat safe haven there. So I'm working on it while having CrunchBang Linux and its website in my back mind as I perceive them as masterful arts of computeting.

I'm at this very moment looking into a forum. And the first thought I was thinking about was the old CrunchBang forum which was a wonderful experience and found it to be powered by something called FluxBB, although also looking on other options like phpBB, I wanted to ask you guys, who are the old group of Crunchies if you knew if I could get the Theme or the code of the CrunchBang webpage anywhere to study and see if I can extract anything that would be needed from it.

Anyone know if the webpage with the forum and its theme is maybe found on github or something - I'm not that technical as many of you guys - so if you know anything, I would love the help. Or maybe can get a hold on corenominal or have his remnant files from the website smile I'm not sure how FluxBB works, But I guess it has an option for themes. Should look into getting it installed and phpBB as well and trying them out. I have uploaded both of them to my website - so they "just" need installation and I guess I need to make a database for each of them. Anyway....

Thanks for your time and Jehovah be with thee.
- DarkiJah
"Many perceive the truth to be offensive - others sees lies and deceptions as resentful. It all depends on who you're working for."
*Take Care*

---
Moderator's comment: removed direct link to website.

Last edited by twoion (2020-03-16 20:24:45)

#2 2020-03-16 20:32:40

twoion
ほやほや

Re: Looking for FluxBB CrunchBang Theme and setup - second draft ;)

If you're referring to the old #! theme (which you can also select on here BTW) we're using the default from Corenominal with some fixes. Our forums source code is not public but I've uploaded the theme resources (with the modified Crunchbang.css) here: https://0x0.st/im9g.gz

It's a gzip-compressed tarball. Use the command

cd $(mktemp -d)
curl https://0x0.st/im9g.gz | tar -xzf-

to safely unpack. You just need to put the files into the 'style' subdirectory of your FluxBB installation and make the files readable to the webserver user (e.g. php-fpm or www-data). Then, you'll be able to select the theme from the profile settings of any user by selecting 'Crunchbang' in the theme dropdown.

As for how to install fluxbb itself, you should follow the official documentation at https://fluxbb.org/docs/v1.5 to install. On Github, their upstream repo is https://github.com/fluxbb/fluxbb/.

Wahllos schlägt das Schicksal zu / heute ich und morgen du.

#3 2020-03-17 14:31:37

DarkiJah
Banned

Hey twoion

I've written to 3 of you guys now on the topic of my name - including you. But to stay on topic - thanks for all the information on the Forum, I've been somewhat slowed down as I've been writing you guys on the conflict we have.

I figured out that you could actually use the old forum theme after you told me - absolutely wonderful although there seem to be 2 and not sure of the difference between the two.

Do you know if FluxBB is still being worked on? I had someone on their forum saying it was not - yet on the front page it still points out that it is still being worked on. Anyway.... In any case, FluxBB is a very responsive forum. I should get back to reading and getting it installed and get a move on. smile Thanks

#4 2020-03-17 16:30:31

twoion
ほやほや

DarkiJah wrote:

Do you know if FluxBB is still being worked on? I had someone on their forum saying it was not - yet on the front page it still points out that it is still being worked on. Anyway.... In any case, FluxBB is a very responsive forum. I should get back to reading and getting it installed and get a move on. smile Thanks

FluxBB is in maintenance mode. Only security fixes and small improvements are added to the v1.5 release branch. The FluxBB developers are working on https://flarum.org/ instead, which they see as the FluxBB successor. You'll notice a link to FluxBB v2.0 in the documentation; FluxBB v2.0 is an abandoned project.

FluxBB is not very good/maintenable software, quality wise, though it does its job well. bbs.archlinux.org is also running on FluxBB and a much larger site than ours.

Just don't install any modifications that require you to modify the source code; you won't be unable to upgrade easily and must apply each change manually. You'd basically have to maintain a fork.

Wahllos schlägt das Schicksal zu / heute ich und morgen du.

#5 2020-03-18 06:44:14

ohnonot
...again
Website

DarkiJah wrote:

Banned

Is that user really banned or did they opt for a custom subheader?

#6 2020-03-18 07:55:26

damo
....moderator....

ohnonot wrote:
DarkiJah wrote:

Banned

Is that user really banned or did they opt for a custom subheader?

Persistent transgression of forum rules, despite several communications from mods.

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#7 2020-03-18 16:12:51

ohnonot
...again
Website

^ I didn't even notice, but I wondered why they essentially keep repeating the same question over and over.
And the religious stuff, I can see it now. No doubt that was part of the reason.

#8 2020-03-20 09:10:09

rbh

// Regards rbh

#9 2020-03-22 15:07:42

Anders84

twoion wrote:
DarkiJah wrote:

FluxBB is in maintenance mode. Only security fixes and small improvements are added to the v1.5 release branch. The FluxBB developers are working on https://flarum.org/ instead, which they see as the FluxBB successor. You'll notice a link to FluxBB v2.0 in the documentation; FluxBB v2.0 is an abandoned project.

FluxBB is not very good/maintenable software, quality wise, though it does its job well. bbs.archlinux.org is also running on FluxBB and a much larger site than ours.

Just don't install any modifications that require you to modify the source code; you won't be unable to upgrade easily and must apply each change manually. You'd basically have to maintain a fork.

Thanks for all the info - https://fluxbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=9714 -

Board footer