You are not logged in.

#26 2019-06-04 02:20:03

hhh
Meep!
Website

Re: Drop Chrome + Chromium from x-www-browser-pipemenu

I'll try the 64 version in a bit here. Vivaldi used to be in Debian IIRC, but it was always so buggy that I'm not surprised if it was removed.

#27 2019-06-04 02:31:07

hhh
Meep!
Website

So I just searched for Vivaldi dsc, the search came back for Vivaldi DAC, and now I want one...

https://www.dcsltd.co.uk/products/vivaldi-dac/

weight

16.2kg/35.65lbs.

Hell, if it doesn't work at least I can use it to bludgeon something. Rule Number One about DAC Club, we do not talk about DAC Club!

Heavy is goot. Heavy is rrreliable. If it doesn't shoot you can always hit him over the head with it.

Look, and gaze with wonder at The Future Of The Past...

https://www.dcsltd.co.uk/products/vival … transport/

-edit- Look, and gaze at You Losing Your House And Family While Your Friends Call You DipShizznit...

https://www.paragonsns.com/product/dcs-vivaldi-dac/

*Veruca Salt, nauseous* I do NOT want a boat like that, Daddy.

#28 2019-06-04 03:07:04

hhh
Meep!
Website

Anyway, the 64 bit deb from Vivaldi installs on buster without error. Bing is the default search engine, FYI. If you allow the post-setup process, you can choose from at least a dozen themes. This is Beach, I think, inactive/transparent window...

Screenshot_20190603_230038.md.png

#29 2019-06-05 01:07:00

DeepDayze

OK installed the Vivaldi 64 bit deb on Stretch and it installed with no error as well. Looks nice and the dark theme in Vivaldi is very close to the Bunsen Dark He theme.

Browsing was smooth and fast but have one problem, which is videos don't play in Vivaldi. Flash is installed properly. Any ideas?

Real Men Use Linux

#30 2019-06-05 02:04:16

PackRat
jgmenu user Numero Uno

DeepDayze wrote:

OK installed the Vivaldi 64 bit deb on Stretch and it installed with no error as well. Looks nice and the dark theme in Vivaldi is very close to the Bunsen Dark He theme.

Browsing was smooth and fast but have one problem, which is videos don't play in Vivaldi. Flash is installed properly. Any ideas?

I think this was the method I used - media in vivladi browser

Start vivaldi from a terminal and it does a sanity check for multimedia. Prompts if you want to install a couple files; provided by Ubuntu. Worked on my Void systems without issue.

You must unlearn what you have learned.
    -- yoda

#31 2019-06-05 02:12:11

DeepDayze

PackRat wrote:
DeepDayze wrote:

I think this was the method I used - media in vivladi browser

Start vivaldi from a terminal and it does a sanity check for multimedia. Prompts if you want to install a couple files; provided by Ubuntu. Worked on my Void systems without issue.

This is debian and not sure if those packages will work in Debian.

EDIT:
Nevermind...it unpacks certain files to my home directory that was extracted from a Ubuntu deb.

Last edited by DeepDayze (2019-06-05 02:14:34)

Real Men Use Linux

#32 2019-06-05 02:20:57

DeepDayze

Okay Vivaldi works fine now. Also importing my settings from FF to Vivaldi was flawless.

Real Men Use Linux

Board footer