#76 2019-04-05 08:35:10

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: BunsenLabs Wikipedia entry deleted

^Try a different browser?

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog, idle Twitterings and GitStuff )
In case you forget, the rules.

#77 2019-04-06 04:32:46

ohnonot
...again
Website

hhh wrote:
Error 400

since I'm not getting this error, i am looking at things that are different from my setup:
If you are using a proxy server, bypass the proxy server or contact your proxy server administrator. This may also be caused by a bug in the Opera web browser.

Last edited by ohnonot (2019-04-06 04:33:46)

#78 2019-09-29 07:15:04

Mardus

I'm an editor at Wikipedia. At the English Wikipedia, notability rules require, that several independent outlets must have reported about BunsenLabs. Google News should have enough information to go by.

In December 2018, I created an article about BunsenLabs at the Estonian-language Wikipedia. The sources are self-referential, but it seems, that the article has stuck.

I've even uploaded screenshots of BunsenLabs Helium.

The best option is to create a BunsenLabs article in a non-English Wikipedia, where notability and reference requirements are lower. The current other-than-English articles about BunsenLabs are in Catalan, Estonian, Norwegian, and Spanish.

#79 2019-09-29 07:37:07

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Hello Mardus, thanks for your advice. smile

The draft page has now been deleted by a Wikipedia editor (not you presumably) because it had not been edited for several months. (I was notified of this a couple of hours before it went, but no great loss.)

Anyway, once the Lithium release is out and we can relax, maybe some of us can start again. I don't know if we have any non-English speaking forum members who would like to start pages - would the existence of such pages make it easier for a page in English to be accepted?

Many web sites have posted reviews of BunsenLabs already, there is a 16-page thread: https://forums.bunsenlabs.org/viewtopic.php?id=763 Many of them are on YouTube, but maybe we can find enough "respectable" reviews to justify a BunsenLabs Wikipedia page...

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog, idle Twitterings and GitStuff )
In case you forget, the rules.

#80 2019-09-29 23:44:36

hhh
Meep!
Website

I still don't understand how our Derivative status, which includes Planet Debian News announcements, DistroWatch entries, our website, reviews (including PCWelt which has included a DVD with our ISO on it in several issues), other sites that mirror our ISOs (for advertising profits, I guess, we don't pay them and would recommend against downloading from untrusted sources) and, may I say it, awesome forums aren't enough to qualify us. Whatever, we're doing fine in the PR department and things will blow up for a bit when lithium starts getting public releases, as John mentioned.

Thanks for your feedback, @Mardus, good to have you here!

#81 2019-10-03 06:25:31

ohnonot
...again
Website

^ The way I understand it is that those interviews & Debian's derivative status are quite sufficient, but one has to inform wikipedia about it in the right way. What the right way is, I do not know.

Board footer