You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-17 22:32:13

maulynvia

Bunsen, great for appliances, brilliant all round, you guys rock!

I was sad when crunchbang came to an end, and found myself on  ubuntu gnome, via debian  - pretty good but I missed crunchbang. At work (where 99% of everything is windows) I needed to deploy an appliance (a VM ready-installed with various bits and pieces). I needed something lighter than windows, with a basic GUI as lightweight as poss. I found my way back to bunsen, and it worked absolutely brilliantly. Pretty soon, BL is my distro for everything, the simple openbox interface, is very fast to use, and with a few minor customisations to the menu and conky, I have pretty much the perfect distro. I thought crunchbang was brilliant and any deviation could only be negative - but you guys have evolved it brilliantly giving it a distinct character, smoothing off some rough edges, and most importantly, keeping the characteristics that made crunchbang great. This kind of postive development is too rare

I type this with a smile and am very grateful to those who have (presumably) worked hard to make this great (the best) distro.

Thank you Bunsenlabs!!

#2 2019-01-18 00:00:21

damo
....moderator....

Re: Bunsen, great for appliances, brilliant all round, you guys rock!

That has to be one of the greatest Intro's ever! Have a cookie from the special tin big_smile

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#3 2019-01-18 02:50:17

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Re: Bunsen, great for appliances, brilliant all round, you guys rock!

...have two! smile

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
In case you forget, the rules.

Board footer