You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-14 23:45:18

THX1138

returning after 3 or 4 years

Hi, I used to be a crunchbang user from about 2011
until #! finished in 2015. I decided to see what became of crunchbang
and the projects that took over the ethos and way of life it gave us all.
I am very impressed with how Bunsenlabs has turned out and I am in the process
of switching over from ubuntu. I am sure this will be my distro for
quite a long time but every now and then I do a bit of distro-hopping.
So far I have found it has the look and feel of crunchbang but it feels somehow
more than crunchbang (In a good way).
Cant promise to be on the forums much but I look forward to learning a lot here.

The telephone is an antiquity - you never know who is calling, there is no image, it is an outmoded product which constantly disrupts work (Ralf Hutter (Kraftwerk)) ps: my wife knows how much I dislike being disrupted at Work - Ralf Hutter hit the nail on the head there

#2 2019-01-15 00:08:01

Bearded_Blunder
Dodging A Bullet

Re: returning after 3 or 4 years

Welcome back smile

Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed...
If there's an obscure or silly way to break it, but you don't know what.. Just ask me

#3 2019-01-15 00:16:34

damo
....moderator....

Nice to see you again!  You will find that a lot of the old gang are still active here smile

Be Excellent to Each Other...

FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#4 2019-01-15 02:08:41

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Hi THX1138 welcome to the lab!

John
--------------------
( a boring Japan blog , Japan Links, idle twitterings  and GitStuff )
In case you forget, the rules.

#5 2019-01-15 09:49:47

THX1138

Thanks for the nice welcomes, everyone.

The telephone is an antiquity - you never know who is calling, there is no image, it is an outmoded product which constantly disrupts work (Ralf Hutter (Kraftwerk)) ps: my wife knows how much I dislike being disrupted at Work - Ralf Hutter hit the nail on the head there

#6 2019-01-15 19:47:43

ohnonot
...again
Website

did you have that same avatar before? i remember that.
you should have the subtext "Bite my shiny metal ass"!

#7 2019-01-16 12:22:23

THX1138

No I just found this avatar. I cant even remember my login name on the #! forums to be honest. It was so long ago and I dont think I have visited there since 2015. I may try to find out who I was. Hahahaha though it may be best not to, I posted some proper noob questions back then I probably embarrassed myself a few times with how rookie my questions were.

#8 2019-01-16 16:17:53

Bearded_Blunder
Dodging A Bullet

THX1138 wrote:

I posted some proper noob questions back then

I'm still doing that on Windows forums as well as here, and I started off with Win 3.1 over Dos on a 286, you'd think I'd know Windows by now.  Don't think I'll ever stop being a n00b, Windows or Linux.

The worst kind of rookie question is the one you didn't ask & needed to.  We've all broke stuff because we didn't.

Blessed is he who expecteth nothing, for he shall not be disappointed...
If there's an obscure or silly way to break it, but you don't know what.. Just ask me

#9 2019-01-16 16:33:34

dolly
Miss Mixunderstand

THX1138 wrote:

No I just found this avatar. I cant even remember my login name on the #! forums to be honest. It was so long ago and I dont think I have visited there since 2015. I may try to find out who I was. Hahahaha though it may be best not to, I posted some proper noob questions back then I probably embarrassed myself a few times with how rookie my questions were.

Do not worry, check link. wink

https://crunchbang.org/forums/

Keep BunsenLabs #!yish please.

#10 2019-01-16 17:44:58

THX1138

Bearded_Blunder wrote:

I'm still doing that on Windows forums as well as here, and I started off with Win 3.1 over Dos on a 286, you'd think I'd know Windows by now.  Don't think I'll ever stop being a n00b, Windows or Linux.

The worst kind of rookie question is the one you didn't ask & needed to.  We've all broke stuff because we didn't.

I know exactly how you feel. I even fix networks and computers for a living, and install and maintain Linux and windows servers and desktops yet there are always things, simple things that I have to spend time looking up.  I wonder, how do these linux devs and all the really knowledgeable people in forums  even know all this stuff, how is it possible to know all that stuff about linux in one lifetime so that you can actually tell people how to fix things succinctly? It's a mystery to me. I actually feel like a noob yet have been using Linux since around 1998

Thanks for the link to crunchbang.org
(edited in later)
Actually I just went to the crunchbang forums and looked through a list of usernames
I did a search using wildcards for any names with letters I thought I may have used
but after 42 pages of names I lost the will to live

Last edited by THX1138 (2019-01-16 23:25:14)

Board footer