You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-23 20:30:45

clemens

Advice on software (and workflows) for accounting/book-keeping?

Hello,

I hope everyone is good.
I haven't been on this forum for a while, but I always remember the friendliness and knowledge of the people here, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I am not an expert by any means, but I am trying to help a friend, who has a small NGO, find the easiest way to manage the income and expenses in a clear and meaningful way, so that he can make the info public on a regular basis.

His needs are not too complex, since it is mainly profit (primarily donations) and losses (rent, bills, some debt accumulated to start everything, etc.), little need to move things around, do forecasts or long term planning.

I am aware of GNUCash, which seems very well made, but I was wondering if it could be connected to apps, free of cost, to be used on the mobile phone to update the info in an easier way (for example scanning a receipt and inputting the amount.

Any advice on the software to use, software combos and workflows would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Clemens

#2 2018-02-23 22:06:21

hathor
Website

Re: Advice on software (and workflows) for accounting/book-keeping?

https://www.odoo.com

You can do it with a calculation sheet in Calc.

lenovo thinkpad t420s

#3 2018-02-26 13:31:32

clemens

Re: Advice on software (and workflows) for accounting/book-keeping?

Thank you for your kind reply.

Odoo seems like a very nice platform/set of integrated apps, but I've tried to check the accounting app (only one app can be used free of charge, if you use more conjointly, there are fees), which is very detailed and with good documentation, but it does not seem to be specific enough (specifically the donation part).
I'm not sure how, without paying fees, a NGO/non for profit module could be integrated.

My friend is not very versed in accounting so a basic calc sheet, unless it was in the form of a template, would be difficult for him to understand. I'm now trying to see if there is already something pre-made.

Any other ideas?

Thank you,
Clemens

Board footer