You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-29 12:14:02

shot-in-the-head

Share your strange dreams!

I have a repeating dream/nightmare
I,m in a car and am responsible for driving it, but at some point I am suddenly not exactly in the car anymore but
see it going ahead of me down the road, however I am still responsible for steering it.
The care then goes further and further ahead of me and then goes around a bend and gets out of view!!! how can I steer it if
I cant see it!! I often wake up at that point but I have also seen the crashed wreck!

#2 2015-10-29 12:55:09

pvsage
Internal Affairs

Re: Share your strange dreams!

The strangest dream I've had was when I fell asleep watching an episode of Mobile Armored Riot Police (aka Ghost in the Shell); I think it was the episode where Togusa was on trial.  (What, you were expecting equidae?)  Can't remember quite where my subconscious inserted itself though.

Last edited by pvsage (2015-10-29 14:52:19)

Be excellent to each other, and...party on, dudes!
BunsenLabs Forum Rules
Tending and defending the Flame since 2009

#3 2015-10-29 17:05:29

nore
>2⁹

shot-in-the-head wrote:

I am suddenly not exactly in the car anymore but
see it going ahead of me down the road, however I am still responsible for steering it.

It'll soon be reality.

#4 2015-10-29 17:58:04

shot-in-the-head

@nore
Cant wait for that to happen, never liked driving and maybe my nightmare will end

#5 2015-10-29 19:59:43

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

I dream about $WORK.

I'm pretty sure that's not a good sign.
neutral

“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

#6 2015-10-29 20:28:09

ohnonot
...again
Website

i don't have that recurring nightmare, but sometimes it gets pretty weird and awful.
i totally insist that fullmoon makes it more likely. combined with the change away from daylight saving time, i got blessed with this:

ohnonot's nightmare wrote:

there was this guy who was abusing us.
for some reason, he had a grip on us.
he was showing us how he is the boss and he can really do anything he likes.
and boy was he enjoying it, rubbing our noses into it.
you can't imagine the rage building up inside of me.
in the end, he was so sure of his power, that he took out a gun and started cleaning it, caressing it, slowly, deliberately, pointing it at one of us every now and then, just to enjoy the expressions of horror on our faces (there were children, too). i knew something had to happen before he finishes preparing the gun. for some reason there was a long sword lying around (i guess it was his, too, and he felt so confident just leaving it lying around) and i rammed it into his chest, deep. but i aimed too high, close to the shoulder. his reaction was more astonished and annoyed than pained.
i took it out and rammed it in again, this time the heart proper.
still his reaction was - well, smug.
so i twisted the sword around and started screaming like a madman: "Die! Die! Die!"
- and woke up from that.

#7 2015-10-30 00:08:06

pa$$word

^^I used to get that when I worked in a factory as a student. Horrible feeling, like they owned 100% of me.

#8 2015-10-30 03:30:01

glittersloth
...always giving it to you straight

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

I dream about $WORK.

neutral

Your work desk can pop a wheelie, so you're good.

I sometimes have dreams where I seem to be extremely proficient in a language I'm not that proficient in. It's happened more than once for for French, German, Cantonese and Thai - all languages I know bits and bobs of, but in the dreams I was talking politics and literature and modal-jazz lingo and shit. I wake up and am able to understand nearly all of what the me in my dreams was talking about in my first language (English), but still can't speak the foreign language as fluently. The scary part is that, sometimes, the subject matter of these "foreign film" dreams, I'd have no confidence in talking/writing about even in English. They're like stuff beyond my cranium capacity, like physics and engineering stuff. The other weird part is that despite recalling the subject matter and the image of my dream self speaking it, I can't ever recall who I was conversing with.  :-/

I also have rather exhilarating low-gravity dreams. You know, like how people walk when they're on the moon, except they're on Earth (I think) and each step takes my above buildings and towers, before coming back down again. I suppose I'm not the only one who gets those though. Actually prefer those to the typical neverending-skydive type dreams. The latter's just a constant "waa-hoo-hoo-hoo" thing, but the former has a nice "attack-release" balance about it. Wish I could get more of those.

Last edited by glittersloth (2015-10-30 03:31:02)

#9 2015-10-30 06:34:25

ohnonot
...again
Website

glittersloth wrote:

French, German, Cantonese and Thai - all languages I know bits and bobs of, but in the dreams I was talking politics and literature and modal-jazz lingo and shit. I wake up and am able to understand nearly all of what the me in my dreams was talking about in my first language (English), but still can't speak the foreign language as fluently. The scary part is that, sometimes, the subject matter of these "foreign film" dreams, I'd have no confidence in talking/writing about even in English. They're like stuff beyond my cranium capacity, like physics and engineering stuff.

dreams are fascinating. a way of showing us the potentials of the human brain.

I also have rather exhilarating low-gravity dreams. You know, like how people walk when they're on the moon, except they're on Earth (I think) and each step takes my above buildings and towers, before coming back down again.

so are you in control of it?
i used to get the opposite, where i'm walking like through jelly, and usually i'm in a hurry or being followed.
but i don't get them anymore.
never had the low-gravity kind.
maybe it's got to do with your biking?

#10 2015-10-30 14:04:18

tknomanzr
BL Die Hard

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

I dream about $WORK.

neutral

I am surprised you don't dream about $LINUX  big_smile  cool  big_smile

Dreaming in code. I have done it. It allows the noise and clutter emanating from my frontal lobe to quiet down so that more intuitive faculties can take over. I think dreams are often the brain's way of forming new synaptic connections.

#11 2015-10-30 14:46:10

shot-in-the-head

A recurring childhood dream:
My brothers and sisters and I (7 of us) were being chased through the streets by a crazy woman holding a knife.
One by one we were killed, I was the last left and awoke just when she almost had me.
The woman was my mother.

My mother would often say to us, "oh my god, when you grow up NEVER have children"!
So I guess as a child that sunk in.
Be careful what you say to your children smile

#12 2015-10-30 15:38:31

hhh
That's it!
Website

glittersloth wrote:

I also have rather exhilarating low-gravity dreams.

I used to have recurring dreams where I could fly by doing the breaststroke, like in the original Willy Wonka movie's Fizzy Lifting drink scene.

I've only remembered a handful of dreams in the last 10 years, probably a sign of some mental illness.

#13 2015-10-31 05:12:22

Temetka

I've been pretty deep into setting up fiber links, ZixCorp Encyption (http://www.zixcorp.com/), active Directory GPO's and linux coding the last few months. All my dreams have taken an interesting turn. I typically have some form of floating / flying dream where I am heading towards something that instills peace in me. I attribute this to the last few years of me attempting to purge all the pain and anger I'd built up and studying / practicing meditation / buddhism. I'm still quite new at it. I also listed to a lot of Alan Watts and Chillstep music.

So anyway. Now I fly through code with it swirling around me and pulses of information coming and going. It's all very cool looking but scary as hell. This is the most intense project I've ever undertaken in my professional career and my stress levels are through the roof. I cannot wait for this to be over. That being said, the experience of experiencing it is surreal.

The meaning of life is to just be alive. It is so plain and so obvious
    and so simple. And yet everybody rushes aroound in a great panic
             as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves.
                                                                                                             - Alan Watts

Board footer