You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-22 19:52:49

mrneilypops
The BL Scrot.Moe Guy
From: luxembourg
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 558
Website

Linux kernel bug?

http://thehackernews.com/2017/02/linux- … t.html?m=1

don't shoot the messenger...something for community discussion...

Last edited by mrneilypops (2017-02-22 19:59:57)

Offline

#2 2017-02-22 19:59:22

Head_on_a_Stick
Member
From: London
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 8,759
Website

Re: Linux kernel bug?

It's already fixed in BunsenLabs & Debian jessie:

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tra … -2017-6074

cool


“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

Offline

#3 2017-02-22 20:00:28

mrneilypops
The BL Scrot.Moe Guy
From: luxembourg
Registered: 2015-09-30
Posts: 558
Website

Re: Linux kernel bug?

@Head_on_a_Stick
Thanks for the update  cool

Offline

#4 2017-02-22 20:32:48

Head_on_a_Stick
Member
From: London
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 8,759
Website

Re: Linux kernel bug?

No worries smile

It is always massively impressive just how quickly the Debian Security Team fix these bugs for the stable release.

Unfortunately for me:

Helium: ~ $ apt-cache policy
Package files:
 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     release a=now
 500 http://pkg.bunsenlabs.org/debian bunsen-hydrogen/main amd64 Packages
     release o=bunsenlabs,n=bunsen-hydrogen,l=bunsenlabs,c=main,b=amd64
     origin pkg.bunsenlabs.org
 500 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
     release o=Debian,a=testing,n=stretch,l=Debian,c=main,b=amd64
     origin httpredir.debian.org
Pinned packages:

I'm ****ed big_smile

*reboots into OpenBSD*


“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

Offline

#5 2017-02-23 03:05:29

stevep
MX Linux Developer
Registered: 2016-08-08
Posts: 367

Re: Linux kernel bug?

Head_on_a_Stick wrote:

No worries smile

It is always massively impressive just how quickly the Debian Security Team fix these bugs for the stable release.

Unfortunately for me:

Helium: ~ $ apt-cache policy
Package files:
 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     release a=now
 500 http://pkg.bunsenlabs.org/debian bunsen-hydrogen/main amd64 Packages
     release o=bunsenlabs,n=bunsen-hydrogen,l=bunsenlabs,c=main,b=amd64
     origin pkg.bunsenlabs.org
 500 http://httpredir.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
     release o=Debian,a=testing,n=stretch,l=Debian,c=main,b=amd64
     origin httpredir.debian.org
Pinned packages:

I'm ****ed big_smile

*reboots into OpenBSD*

Since I was backporting it today, I took a look at the patchset in the 4.9-12 Liquorix kernel, and that includes the fix--so Stretch users also have that option.

Offline

#6 2017-02-23 04:17:34

hhh
Meep!
Registered: 2015-09-17
Posts: 7,926
Website

Re: Linux kernel bug?

OT, I've been scarce on the BL could forums for several months... Welcome Steve P and congrats on your new distro (just today read an article naming it one of 5 to watch this year, in datamation I think).

Offline

#7 2017-02-23 07:16:15

Head_on_a_Stick
Member
From: London
Registered: 2015-09-29
Posts: 8,759
Website

Re: Linux kernel bug?

stevep wrote:

I took a look at the patchset in the 4.9-12 Liquorix kernel, and that includes the fix--so Stretch users also have that option.

Ah, excellent, thanks for the tip!


“Et ignotas animum dimittit in artes.” — Ovid, Metamorphoses, VIII., 18.

Forum Rules   •   How to report a problem   •   Software that rocks

Offline

#8 2017-02-23 20:35:16

stevep
MX Linux Developer
Registered: 2016-08-08
Posts: 367

Re: Linux kernel bug?

hhh wrote:

OT, I've been scarce on the BL could forums for several months... Welcome Steve P and congrats on your new distro (just today read an article naming it one of 5 to watch this year, in datamation I think).

Hey, thanks!  Though we aren't probably going to do much most of this year for MX 16 except to try and roll out newer backports as much as possible--toward the last quarter is when we'll gear up to develop the Stretch-based MX 17.  We can use some ideas as to what to improve--so far about all we've got is to try and add full disk encryption to the MX installer. I suppose if I get bored I could port over the Mate 1.16.1 from my OBS repo to the MX repo and see if we can do a Mate respin of MX...

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB