You are not logged in.

#4076 2021-10-05 23:22:15

damo
....moderator....

Re: Completely Off Topic Chat

I think it was Jack Ma who said that a couple of million (!) is more than enough to live very comfortably, with relatively little stress.  Chasing more is not a recipe for a contented life.

There don't seem to be many happy and well-adjusted multi-millionaires it seems.

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#4077 2021-10-06 06:25:04

el_koraco

damo wrote:

Chasing more is not a recipe for a contented life.

Chasing any kind of money is a recipe for disaster, aka the modern world.

#4078 2021-10-06 17:09:51

nore
>2⁹

damo wrote:

There don't seem to be many happy and well-adjusted multi-millionaires it seems.

So that's why they rocket themselves into space.

#4079 2021-10-06 17:10:23

johnraff
nullglob
Website

Twitter's quite separate from Facebook, I'm pretty sure. The BBC news here a couple of days ago said it was Facebook, Wattsapp and Instagram that went down, and because Twitter's independent from them, that was where FB were forced to put out the announcement about the downage.  ops

Twitter's not here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_m … y_Facebook
and there's this: https://mashable.com/article/twitter-jo … ram-outage

Last edited by johnraff (2021-10-06 17:14:25)

...elevator in the Brain Hotel, broken down but just as well...
( a boring Japan blog (currently paused), idle Twitterings and GitStuff )

Introduction to the Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop

#4080 2021-10-06 18:32:26

damo
....moderator....

Curiously it all happened just as Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen was giving evidence to the US Senate. Sabotage by a sympathiser?

Be Excellent to Each Other...
The Bunsenlabs Lithium Desktop » Here
FORUM RULES and posting guidelines «» Help page for forum post formatting
Artwork on DeviantArt  «» BunsenLabs on DeviantArt

#4081 2021-10-06 19:51:51

johnraff
nullglob
Website

^There is that theory.

#4082 2021-10-07 08:38:34

misko_2083

Thank you for your messages people. I lost about 10kg of body weight and feel so weak, i'm guessing the recovery is going to take longer. They released me from the hospital, other people need a space and I'm much much better than before. I take a handful of pills doctor prescribed.
Went to radiology for another shot of my lungs today on schedule, but have to wait until 1 for the doctor to give an expertise.
Just wanted to share this
https://i.imgur.com/fMlfqQL.jpgfMlfqQLt.jpg
The nurses have borrowed these holders for infusions to other floors of the hospital and they had to use the coat hanger for me.
The hardest part of this was in the beginning when I was waiting in line at the covid ambulance. It's a building where people stand in line in front of the building and one by one enter that building. Had a fever for a week by that time.
The organisation was so horrible, I waited for 12 hours in line until I was called in for medical examination. Three doctors and hundreds of people waiting in line. Some people who came later got before I did... Some had to, many used contacts with the nurses to get them in faster.
It was a quarter to 8 in the morning when I applied and got to the doctor at half past seven in the evening. Short day in the fall and it was already night. Didn't eat anything that, I mean I couldn't eat anything because this virus didn't let me. Above all some idiots smoked!
I couldn't stand so I sit under the tent in the yard, there are three benches under it and I try to hear if my name is being called. And some people smoke! When having a lungs infection it feels like a torture.
When I got back home the fever was 39,8.
I was advised by the doctor to do D-dimer test at the private lab because covid ambulance doesn't have tests for it.
Waited another day for the results of PCR test and D-dimer was 1800, normal values are under 500. And of of course tested postive.
So had to go again to the covid ambulance to give them update and wait in line...
Of course some idiots smoked. But only after 2 hours I was in and they pointed me to go to the hospital.
The doctor told the nurse I'm cold as the snake. And they put me into bed. Attached oxygen and needles.
I lost count how many into stomach and shoulders.
After a 3-⁴ days I started to recover. It was hard going to the bathroom because I had to disconnect the oxygen.
A few steps but it looked farther at the time.
People all dressed up like the astronauts, replacing the oxygen tanks, nurses measuring the heartbeat, oxygen saturation, blood pressure... Like in the production line, everything going by the clock in the hospital.
Now I got tired when walking down the stairs, I hope I get my strength back. A few weeks ago I could lift a big sand stone 250 kg with my brother off the table.

They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do!

#4083 2021-10-07 13:59:18

twoion
一期一会

misko_2083 wrote:

Now I got tired when walking down the stairs, I hope I get my strength back. A few weeks ago I could lift a big sand stone 250 kg with my brother off the table.

I hope you get better! Of course it would help if you have a job that does not require you to lift 250kg sandbox all the time...a friend of mine who is 30 despite being very health and sporty and all, she also got long covid. Couldn't walk more than 500m on a flat street without getting exhausted to the point of having to lie down. She's better now but it took more than 6 months. Very nasty virus, this is.

#4084 2021-10-07 14:09:06

twoion
一期一会

So, Mozilla is using all possible means to push Firefox' reputation even more down the gutter. Time for an un-mozillaed version of Firefox again, akin to ungoogled Chromium? I used to snark at Debian for shipping stuff like Iceweasel which was not always up to date with Mozilla's edition of Firefox but it looks like it's time to use distro forks and builds again. I know that Arch Linux at least ships Firefox as their own build with scetchy stuff like this removed.

#4085 2021-10-07 16:22:02

johnraff
nullglob
Website

@Misko that sounds awful - I really hope you get better soon.

C19 has put a lot of health systems under intense pressure. The backlog of deferred non-Covid treatments and operations has yet to come...

#4086 2021-10-07 18:05:19

twoion
一期一会

johnraff wrote:

@Misko that sounds awful - I really hope you get better soon.

C19 has put a lot of health systems under intense pressure. The backlog of deferred non-Covid treatments and operations has yet to come...

Why wisdom teeth also have been deferred hmm

#4087 2021-10-07 20:43:22

hhh
Meep!
Website

@twoion, so the major linux browser choices are Firefox, who is going further into monitization via advertisements, and Chrome, who is going further into monetization via data collection?

Well, that's a no-brainer.

#4088 2021-10-07 20:44:59

twoion
一期一会

hhh wrote:

@twoion, so the choices are Firefox, who is going further into monitization via advertisements, and Chrome, who is going further into monetization via data collection?

You can also have Edge Bing Console on Linux which does both smile

#4089 2021-10-08 02:03:28

hhh
Meep!
Website

twoion wrote:
hhh wrote:

@twoion, so the choices are Firefox, who is going further into monitization via advertisements, and Chrome, who is going further into monetization via data collection?

You can also have Edge Bing Console on Linux which does both smile

What, both feeds you ads and collects your data? Shocker, as if those other two were exclusive to either.

You want privacy? Throw your phone into the toilet and walk into the woods... out of camera surveillance range, of course.

#4090 2021-10-08 02:07:14

hhh
Meep!
Website

https://www.bing.com/webmasters/about

Boy, those are some really cute graphics.

#4091 2021-10-08 12:47:32

misko_2083

twoion wrote:
misko_2083 wrote:

I hope you get better! Of course it would help if you have a job that does not require you to lift 250kg sandbox all the time...a friend of mine who is 30 despite being very health and sporty and all, she also got long covid. Couldn't walk more than 500m on a flat street without getting exhausted to the point of having to lie down. She's better now but it took more than 6 months. Very nasty virus, this is.

Only a half of of it 125, I not a strong man like those testosteron abusers you see on TV.
By the look at the current situation I get tired fast and look for a chair.
@johnraff stay safe, don't rely on the vaccines and don't wait for too long. Lungs get worse so fast.
I got two vaccines in March/April and still had to receive oxygen and infusion. And stay in hospital.
Fast tests are so unreliable, I was negative then had to wait for the weekend to pass under high fever to do PCR test.

Last edited by misko_2083 (2021-10-08 12:48:19)

#4092 2021-10-08 20:26:28

Sector11
Conky 1.9er Mod Squid

So glad to hear this news misko_2083.

Maybe you are not 100% better but your story is 100% better than the other option.

Be safe, stay save and take care of yourself.
Let us know how you are doing.

The sun will never set if you keep walking towards it. - my son
Being positive doesn't understand physics.

#4093 2021-10-08 21:07:46

hhh
Meep!
Website

lifehacker reported yesterday that you can easily disable the search bar advertisements in Firefox's preferences...

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-stop-fire … 1847818976

tl;dr: Hamburger icon>Settings>Privacy & Security>Address Bar - Firefox Suggest>Contextual suggestions (learn more)> uncheck 'Include occasional sponsored suggestions'

So you can opt out if you don't want to help sponsor FF via their stupid advertising. Just donate directly to the project...

https://donate.mozilla.org/en-US/

#4094 2021-10-15 15:56:27

twoion
一期一会

This is a first. My ISP suddenly has broken VDSL for me. Downstream limited to 2mbps whereas I still get the full upstream at 40mbps. And of course the customer/me is always the first to find out about this. No status dashboard or message from them. Why do ISPs universally suck so much?

#4095 2021-10-16 03:28:50

hhh
Meep!
Website

^ They can't help it, it's the acronym. I suck persistently.

#4096 2021-10-16 04:27:54

misko_2083

Sector11 wrote:

So glad to hear this news misko_2083.

Maybe you are not 100% better but your story is 100% better than the other option.

Be safe, stay save and take care of yourself.
Let us know how you are doing.

Doing better, I had some small fever up to a few days ago. Paracetamol helps with that.
No more dark spots/shadows in my vision. They showed up because of high fever.  What an annoying side effect.
Had a choking only once three days ago. Doctor told me it shouldn't but it can happen once every week or two during the recovery.
She also told me the hospital is full of people vaccinated with the Chinese vaccines. I'm sure it really helped some people but generally it's a very weak vaccine. And it's going to be made in my country because we now have a factory to make Chinese vaccines.
It's hard to determine which one works best, in hospital there were people who took all three shots Pfizer and Sinopharm and got infected. We are all different and react differently to vaccines. What worsenes covid is when people have other health issues.
This old man in the same room had blood sugar level of 45! They gave him insulin but it didn't drop under 30.
I've heard that people go to comma with 20.
He was more 20 days in the hospital with covid. Every time they did test he was positive.
Hope he's still alive. They took him for dialysis from time to time. Then his fistula or something like that broke down. The surgeon came and put something like two tubes into his neck right there in that room. They just put some shades around the bed first.
One day there was some commotion going on one day and the nurse tells a young couple arrived. Both of them 26 years old. The woman was in her third pregnancy. Man died right there in the hallway during the reception. His mother died the day before from covid. The pregnant women was transferred to another better equipped hospital in a bigger city.
Such a tragedy...
And then I read on the facebook some guy writes the covid is a fraud of the century and that he can't belive how people are stupid. I feel like writing: Hey friend why didn't you visit me in the hospital to shake hands with me? ? To ennoble him a bit.

#4097 2021-10-16 07:12:42

ohnonot
...again

^ I hope you get well soon, and no lasting effects!

misko_2083 wrote:

I got two vaccines in March/April and still had to receive oxygen and infusion.

How could that happen?
I have heard that vaccines do not protect you from infection, just from getting sick - so how could you get so sick?
And are you out of the worst now?

About Faecesbook, yeah, many people post all sorts of sh!t there, laughing about masked cowards etc. - then they die of Covid. Once you have your positive outlook on life back I can share some depressing links.

Give to COVAX! Here or here. (explanation)
My Repos: notabug | framagit

#4098 2021-10-16 09:09:33

misko_2083

ohnonot wrote:

misko_2083 wrote:

The worst is behind me.
I got a bad flu in August from my little niece, perhaps that messed up my immune system.
What good from vaccines if they don't prevent infection?
Both of my lungs got infected and it went straight down.
The other bad side of covid is coagulation. It increases it.
So they gave me anticoagulants.
Now I have to take these expensive pills against coagulation for a month or something would get stuck in blood vessels.
And watch out for injuries too.
This morning after breakfast and pills, my nose started to bleed on it's own, and not like a normal nose bleed it started to drip.  Took some time to stop because of anticoagulant.

I have to rest for at least two weeks.
Took more pills than in the last two decades.
Avoided them always and wasn't that sick to need them. Now I get tired and have to lay down after a short walk or a staircase. Not too bad considering some people are much worse and have to learn how to walk all over again after covid.

#4099 2021-10-16 14:15:56

twoion
一期一会

^ Hope you'll get up to speed again in a couple of weeks. Apart from covid19, just the flu can also get super bad.

---------

Here's what happens if you add a pihole to a home network where android and windows users are busy.

2y5kgp.thumb.png

3aa80.png

It's spyware. Almost zero percent of the DNS lookups are due to user interaction. Everything else is ... "automatic".

#4100 2021-10-16 15:06:07

sleekmason
zoom
Website

misko_2083 wrote:
ohnonot wrote:

misko_2083 wrote:

The worst is behind me.
I got a bad flu in August from my little niece, perhaps that messed up my immune system.
What good from vaccines if they don't prevent infection?
Both of my lungs got infected and it went straight down.
The other bad side of covid is coagulation. It increases it.
So they gave me anticoagulants.
Now I have to take these expensive pills against coagulation for a month or something would get stuck in blood vessels.
And watch out for injuries too.
This morning after breakfast and pills, my nose started to bleed on it's own, and not like a normal nose bleed it started to drip.  Took some time to stop because of anticoagulant.

I have to rest for at least two weeks.
Took more pills than in the last two decades.
Avoided them always and wasn't that sick to need them. Now I get tired and have to lay down after a short walk or a staircase. Not too bad considering some people are much worse and have to learn how to walk all over again after covid.

-----

Scary, scary stuff.  Really glad you are feeling somewhat better.  The fact that you were/are vaccinated and still became so sick is a warning to us all.  The recovery sucks.  Hang in there!

Board footer